8.19.2010

Thoughts on Bike Traffic

If you ride in the car with me while I'm driving, you will notice several things.

1. I hate driving.
2. I am very vocal about it.

Poor Shea. He has to deal with my constant rants at other drivers, pedestrians, and the worst offenders: Bicyclists.


Reasons I hate them:
-They think they are entitled to ride on the road with the cars, yet think they are above such petty things as traffic laws. Red light? Not a match for bikers. No turn on red? Who cares, let's run down the pedestrians!

-They are slow. "The speed limit is 30 mph and you are riding in my lane, Mr. Biker. You may be doing 10 mph. Now I must pass you."

-They are irritating. "I passed you Mr. Biker, now you are behind me! Oh, look, we've reached a red light! What are you doing? Are you still going? You are about to go around my car, aren't you? Now you are in front of me again, going 10mph. I must pass you again."

-They believe they are invincible. "So you were in such a rush that you just HAD to cross four lanes of traffic, and cause us all to slam on our brakes for you, yet you are biking away like nothing happened."

For the few bikers out there who follow traffic laws and don't get in my way again after I pass them, I thank you. For everyone else: PLEASE STAY ON THE SIDE WALK. Do it for Shea's ear drums and sanity.

No comments: