6.04.2011

Memorial Weekend Trip

Shea and I got back from our weekend trip to Atlanta on Wednesday. It turned into a little more than a weekend trip. 15 hours of driving both ways kind of made it sort of a week-long trip. We left around 1pm last Wednesday and arrive at 4am.

We attended the AOS ATLOSCon and got to see some friends, and meet new people.

Highlights:
-Interesting classes, from photography to neuroscience
-A fantastic thunderstorm
-Really cool people who do really cool things
-Some more experience being inebriated which led to learning how to be more social sober

This is not the most ground breaking observation ever, but Atlanta is HOT. So hot I felt like my skin was slowly roasting. And it's HUMID. So humid that I felt like I was breathing in steam. I think gills would have come in handy. I actually bought what amounts to a new wardrobe in preparation for the trip, being that I owned exactly one skirt and exactly zero pairs of shorts.

We stayed in an efficiency apartment that was part of a bed a breakfast so we'd be able to cook some of our own meals to save money. It was very pleasant. Despite a little fiasco with the car we'd borrowed from my parents involving a leaky power steering line, we felt quite cozy and calm. We left Monday around 7pm, and stopped around 1am to sleep. We got back at 8:30pm the next day. Of course, we somehow managed to bring a little of the Atlanta heat with us back to Rochester, and it was 85 degrees in our apartment. Now we are back to regularly scheduled temperatures of 68 degrees, thankfully. I was so busy I only snapped a few photos:


No comments: