6.07.2011

Alternative Wedding Shoes

I've never really liked wearing heels very much. They are loud, painful, and I feel very clumsy in them. I find it hard to enjoy myself and feel pretty at a fancy event when I'm worried about tripping over my own feet, rolling my ankle, or getting my heel stuck in a crack and losing my shoe just as someone is snapping my picture (all of these have happened, by the way). By the end of any event, my feet are aching. I'm also not the type to take my shoes off during the event. Such events usually involve sticky floors and if you are just going to take off your pretty shoes, what's the point of wearing them?

So, when I get married, I do not wish to have sore, aching feet at the end of the night. I do not wish for my heels to assist in aerating any lawn I happen to step on. And I really do not wish for there to be photos of me stumbling around looking clumsy or fishing my shoe out of some weird crevice that only I would manage to step on when I'm in a fluffy white dress. While such photos would certainly be entertaining, I have the whole rest of my life to make a fool out of myself when there aren't cameras around to capture the evidence.

However, I want to have really pretty shoes. I've had my eye on a pair that I would just love to get for the wedding. They are a little pricey, and I don't know how I would stop myself from wearing them before the wedding (I guess the solution is really obvious... get two pairs).

These are from Darlingtonia Moccasin Company, and they are just gorgeous. 

I think these would be my first choice. I'm pretty sure blue is going to be one of our colors.

I think these are my second choice. I like the teal and brown combination, but they don't look as formal.

 
These ones are made specifically for brides, but I like the other two more.

These are the ones I'd pick for casual everyday wear if I could get two pairs. I love navy.

They would be so cute and so comfy. And they are on sale right now... I'll have to make a decision soon.

Click on the images for their original sources.

No comments: