5.06.2011

The Proposal

Shea asked me a few weeks back when my next free day would be. We hadn't spent a lot of time together due to my classes and his work load. I told him I could spare one day before finals started to do something fun, as long as it started after my voice lesson in the morning.

When I got back to the apartment that day, Shea wasn't there, and there were two envelopes taped to the door. They were the beginnings of a scavenger hunt.


He led me on a trail of envelopes that were hidden in places that were significant to our relationship. Each envelope held a picture of the next location, and a little paragraph he had written about what the current place meant to him. I was instructed to add my sentiments below. The first 10 envelopes led me all around campus, and then to a cafe in our favorite Borders, where I had to talk to the cashier. She gave me the next envelope which led to our apartment. The envelope there took me to Letchworth state park!

When I arrived at the location marked on the map Shea had left me, he was waiting with a picnic laid out for us. I had my suspicious about the reason for all this, but Shea did an excellent job of throwing me off the trail. There was a gift bag on the table, and he told me to open it. Remember how I've been saving up to buy a DSLR? Well... I don't need to save anymore! Shea bought me a Canon EOS 50D! That was what he had used to take all the pictures in the scavenger hunt. To me, that justified the whole extravaganza, and I wasn't expecting anything else. Shea sat with me as we munched on the picnic and showed me all the photos he had taken. Then he got to the last photo...
I said yes.

No comments: