3.22.2011

Vector Drawing














I got to learn a new form of art making recently. It’s fun, and I imagine it will come in handy. I learned just a bit of vector drawing in my materials class, and used it for my first project.

I mostly just wanted to get a lot of practice with subjects I like, but the project required a theme of documenting or mapping yourself. The professor suggested documenting what you ate, what you thought, what you did, etc. or collecting objects that were significant to your life. I chose to take a picture of my cats every time I saw them over the course of two days and use the photos to create vector drawings. There are 20 in the series and they all include the time they were taken. I’m not really thrilled with the project conceptually but it was an adventure into a new technique, and quite fun. The full series can be seen here.

Here are some of my favorites:


No comments: