3.22.2011

Rochester Public Market



Shea and I have been meaning to get to the market for months now, but every Saturday the temptation to sleep in has won. Finally we made ourselves get up and go.
I haven’t exactly seen that many farmer’s markets so I don’t have much to compare this place to, but I think it is excellent. There are so many different good smells and things to buy and I love the produce sellers yelling out their latest deals, trying to one-up each other.

My favorite Public Market items are the dairy products, produce, fresh baked breads, and spices. So far it’s the only place I’ve ever managed to find cream-on-top milk, which is soooo good. The same tent sells kefir, goat milk, yogurt, and smoothies.
Today was a little chilly, so we didn’t take as much time looking as we would have liked, but here is our haul:
 Maple yogurt, hickory smoke flavor, strip steaks (3 for $10), delicious tomatoes for me ($3 for a bucket), the creamy milk, and some goat milk kefir. When the weather gets a little warmer, I’d like to go back every week for fruits and veggies, cider, baked goods, fish, and flowers.

No comments: